Foundations of Faith Community Nursing Courses
- San Antonio, TX: September 26-27
- Lubbock, TX: October 5-9
- San Antonio, TX: October 17-18
- Pecos, NM: November 2-6
This educational program is organized to assist all faith communities to grow toward wholistic health from a global perspective and to develop local community outreach opportunities. It offers experienced registered nurses an educational program based on the 2014 curriculum developed by the International Parish Nurse Resource Center. Faith community nursing provides a wholistic blending of nursing expertise and spiritual care as professional nurses practice in congregations and faith-based organizations as part of the ministry team. Clergy, allied health professionals and laity interested in health ministry are also welcome to attend.
The Foundations of Faith Community Nursing Practice course incorporates multidimensional learning activities to cover a wide range of topics including but not limited to:
- Roles of the parish/faith community nurse and health advocate
- Wholistic health and healing
- Getting started and functioning as a member of the ministerial team
- Spiritual caregiving
- Ethics and legal considerations
The schedule includes time for fellowship and reflection. Consultation with a parish nurse coordinator and mentoring opportunities are also available at no additional charge.
The course may be taken by registered nurses for 38 continuing education contact hours. Other participants will receive an attendance certificate.
?Continuing nursing education activity credits have been applied for through the Texas Nurses Association, an accredited approver by the American Nurses Credentialing Center?s Commission on Accreditation."
Contact email@example.com or call 806-983-8096 for an information packet and application.
The following is a partial list of the courses
and programs currently offered by RNR.
Instructors are also available as speakers for
clubs and organizations on a wide variety of
health and wellness related topics. Customized
programs are available upon request.
| Community and Business
- Foundations of Faith Community
- Health Ministry Advocate Course
- Consultant services for faith
community (parish) nurse ministries
- Spiritual Journaling for Personal
and Professional Growth
- Striving for Joy: Living with Stress
- Self-Advocacy: Who Speaks for the
- Continuing Education
- Experiencing Many Ways to Pray
- CPR Training
- First Aid Training
- AED Training
- On the Job Safety
- Bloodborne Pathogens/Preventing
- Caregiver training and support
- Coping With Stress and Burn-out
- Farm Safety
- Writing and Journaling Groups
- Spiritual Journaling
- Journal to the Self ® Workshops
- Introduction to Health Ministry